Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Final Measurements of TRENCH 1

Okay guys...So at the end of the day we got down to Level 4, finishing off level 3. We cleaned and did a rather thorough wall scrape, and screened the remainder of the soil that was left in the buckets. The overall end measurements were 30cm all around (in each corner).

What I found interesting is as we starting getting deeper the soil concentration was a lot different. It was not so much a dark chocolaty brown but it looked like flecks of peanut butter(sorry guys I am hungry) were in there too (soil occlusions due to burning? or the breakdown of plant matter?) I wish we had the time to continue digging so that we could go deeper, and see what the heck is going on there.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that you guys finally got it all level (sort of.) I think that may have been the most tedious part of the whole class! I too wish we had more time to go deeper in the trench. It's really a shame that this is a one quarter course. It would be nice if the school offered it back to back, so that those who were interested could work on the same site for two quarters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At one point I didn't think that we would be able to level it because of all the rock on the eastern most end. That was really annoying! I'm glad it all worked out though and I think that in the end we had ourselves a pretty nice trench.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on what you see & read here!