Sunday, April 17, 2011

Basic site map

Wanted to post a kml file we could use for our rough mapping needs. I don't have the more accurate gps data that's been gathered so far. (I assume David has this safely stashed away somewhere.) Once I get the more accurate points, I will tweak the following kml file to reflect it.

you can also get the actual kml* file at http://mapmanic.com/kml/DSQHR.kml

* keyhole markup language: Wikipedia kml article

An interesting feature just upslope from the site is the tree-lined boundary that squares off the eastern side. (I represented this with faded green lines in the map.) Is this an artifact of the historical mission boundary? Someone could hike up to this feature to check out the age of the trees.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, as this will be super helpful for my own map-making.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on what you see & read here!