Sunday, June 12, 2011

Site Report, Site Report and you guessed it.

So I have been working on the site report and noticed that I could easily turn it into a novel. The problem is, I must compact the report into 8 pages. One of the things I wished I had done more of, is to photograph the units I worked in.
Well, looking back I had a blast. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the site itself. A first for me was the wet screening, something I desperately wish I had at my disposal last summer in Nevada. It was also great to work in the Bay Area proper, which I haven't done. The only thing I wish I had more of during the course, would be corresponding with local experts like Andy Galvan and maybe working with the Sisters. It would have been nice to have had a bit more understanding of the site grounds, although I must say students like David Pelfrey did an outstanding and quite professional job in researching the history of the area and sharing it with all of us.
Artifacts found, such as the pipe stem and the projectile point found by Amber were the highlights of my time at DSCQHR. I regret that some of the students I have gotten to know over the past two quarters will be graduating, but I am incredibly glad to have met them, happy for their accomplishment, and wish them all of the best.

Hope to see you all in the field in years to come!

Kevin

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that it would have been nice to have had more contact with an expert on the area such as Andy or with the Sisters. Having someone on site would have been really helpful. I think that some students were incredibly knowledgeable though, which made figuring out what we found a little bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all worked hard and because of lack of time we were unable to interact with may of the other "locals" in the area for more information. What might have proved to be useful (as i think now) is if we all visited the museum at the actual mission. Ha, we still could!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on what you see & read here!